Discusses the hit NBC show "Heroes", its characters, plots and theories.


Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sylar Escape Theories 101

Even though Heroes still has 1 month before its return, I've been mulling over one aspect of the Finale in my head, and that is the disappearance of Sylar. At the end of the big finale, Sylar gets Hiro's sword driven through his midsection. However, in the aftermath of everything (Nathan flying off with Peter to explode and other Heroes recovering). we saw a trail of blood and a missing Sylar body. Here's a few of the theories regarding this:

1) Sylar escaped on his own - This is the easiest of the theories, basically assuming that Sylar managed to crawl/sneak away from the scene down in the sewers of New York. Perhaps he has use of a power, such as Claude's invisibilty that we don't know about.

2) Someone saved or dragged Sylar down - This is my favorite theory because I want to speculate about a "bad guy alliance". I think this would be great for the plot, and provide all sorts of interesting twists and possibilities. The major suspsects I'd present are Candice, Mr. Linderman, and oh yes, The Boogeyman. A Candice/Sylar union could make for a very interesting fight for the rest of the heroes. And the Boogeyman also...if he can see Molly, maybe he has the ability to see any of the heroes/villains. This could be one ugly and sinister alliance. Linderman may be the least likely to be around as an accomplice/crime boss, but we all know in superhero worlds, villains seldom die the first time, or even the sceond, or third...

3) Sylar has the power to become a cockroach -
I saw this on a Myspace forum I believe, and found it quite funny. It wouldn't really explain why we saw the manhole cover open with a trail of blood, but it would provide for why we saw a cockroach. I tend to prefer the cockroach we see more as symbolism that Sylar can't be killed so easy, but quite possibly it's also the Boogeyman.

Heroes will return to NBC for season 2 at the end of next month. Can't wait to see what twists, turns, villains and new heroes are in store for us.

Pre-order Heroes - Season One DVD at Amazon.com.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger heroes_fan04 said...

I believe someone has helped him. I think he knows the Boogieman or the Boogieman knows him. Cause remember when Noah shot Sylar the time he was in his house. How did he heal? Did someone heal him or did he heal himself? Anyways, I think the Boogieman dragged him down into the sewers and is somehow gonna heal him. That's my theory. I don't think it's Candice because the woman that plays her is leaving the show to go to a new show in the CW and Linderman is highly unlikely to, because D.L. rammed his fist in the back of his head. So I don't think it's him, but you could be right and he still might be alive. But I think the Boogieman helped Sylar. That's my theory.

8/19/2007 9:31 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with the dragged aay theory. I can't remember what the little girl called him (the guy who she can't find because he knows she's trying) but I believe he is the one who took Sylar and he's been keeping an eye on Sylar the whole time i.e the randon cockroaches popping up and Sylars sudden ability to not have his mind warped by Eden McCain.

8/19/2007 12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home